Three Year Manhunt Continues

( – Three years have passed, and authorities are still hunting down whoever is responsible for putting the lives of dozens, probably hundreds, at stake.

Specifically, nearly three years after the unsettling discovery of pipe bombs outside the Republican National Committee (RNC) and Democratic National Committee (DNC) offices in Washington, D.C., federal officials are still on the hunt for the perpetrator.

The FBI recently issued a bulletin reaffirming a $500,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual responsible, emphasizing the continued importance of this case.

The incident, which occurred on the evening of January 5, 2021, just before the Capitol riot on January 6, involved two pipe bombs planted near the RNC and DNC headquarters.

Surveillance footage released to the public captured a hooded figure with a backpack, fueling concerns about the suspect’s potential threat to public safety.

The FBI has highlighted the severity of this situation, noting the danger posed by the suspect carrying operational pipe bombs through populated areas.

Despite exhaustive efforts, including thousands of hours of investigation, interviews, and analysis of physical and digital evidence, the identity of the suspect remains elusive.

David Sundberg, Assistant Director of the FBI Washington Field Office, has encouraged the public to revisit the FBI’s ‘Seeking Information’ webpage, which contains images and video of the suspect, their backpack, shoes, the explosive devices, and a map of the suspect’s movements on the night of the incident.

This prolonged investigation has drawn attention and pressure from Republican members of Congress, who are urging federal law enforcement to be more transparent about their findings.

In a House Judiciary Committee hearing last year, Steve D’Antuono, former Assistant Director of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, revealed that investigators faced challenges due to corrupted phone carrier data.

Additionally, FBI Director Christopher Wray, while reluctant to share specific findings during a House hearing, acknowledged the extensive scope of the investigation, including thousands of interviews and the review of a vast amount of video footage and tips.