(DCWatchdog.com) – Even six years later, according to a new survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters taken by Rasmussen last week, most Democrats still believe it likely that “the 2016 election outcome was changed by Russian interference.”
According to Rasmussen, in its opening summation of its survey, “Fears of Russian interference in U.S. politics remain widespread, and Democratic voters overwhelmingly agree with Hillary Clinton that Russia is to blame for her defeat in 2016.”
According to the results:
- 47% of Likely U.S. Voters believe it is likely that Russian interference changed the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
- 26% say it’s very likely.
- 46% don’t think it’s likely Russian interference changed the 2016 election.
- 32% say it is not at all likely.
Not surprisingly, given the politically polarized times in which we live, the results divide along political party lines:
- 72% of Democrats believe it’s likely the 2016 election outcome was changed by Russian interference.
- 30% of Republicans and 39% of voters not affiliated with either major party believe it’s likely the 2016 election outcome was changed by Russian interference.
As for future elections:
- 53% of Democrats believe it is very likely Russia will try to interfere in the midterm elections.
- 33% of Republicans and 27% of unaffiliated voters believe it is very likely Russia will try to interfere in the midterm elections.
- 22% of Republicans, 9% of Democrats, and 17% of unaffiliated voters think Russian interference in the congressional midterm elections is not at all likely.
One reason so many Democrats may share Clinton’s view is that she frequently raises the topic, as she did during a July 2020 interview with Joy Reid on MSNBC. At that time, Clinton opined, “It’s very clear that Russia succeeded [in changing the outcome of the 2016 Presidential Election]. They believe that they were able to influence the minds and even votes of Americans, so why would they stop?”
What is your opinion? Do you agree or disagree with Clinton and most Democrats who believe that Russia interfered in the 2016 Presidential Election to such a degree that Clinton lost, and Donald Trump won? Please email your thoughts about this survey to [email protected]. Thank you.