(DCWatchdog.com) – In remarks that instantly went global, the extraordinarily controversial but always closely watched George Soros said civilization my soon end during remarks at his annual World Economic Forum dinner in Davos, Switzerland.
Specifically, based on several reports, Soros stated:
- “Russia invaded Ukraine. This has shaken Europe to its core.”
- “The European Union was established to prevent such a thing from happening. Even when the fighting stops, as it eventually must, the situation will never revert to the status quo ante.”
- “The Russian invasion may turn out to be the beginning of World War III, and our civilization may not survive it.”
Turning to “climate change” and linking it to Putin’s war, Soros also predicted disaster for the globe, saying:
- “[Irreversible climate change is] “particularly frightening.”
- “Most of us accept the idea that we must eventually die, but we take it for granted that our civilization will survive.”
- “Therefore, we must mobilize all our resources to bring the war to an early end. The best and perhaps only way to preserve our civilization is to defeat Putin. That’s the bottom line.”
What is your reaction to the statements by George Soros? Do you agree with him that civilization may soon come to an end? Why or why not? Please share your thoughts and views by emailing [email protected]. Thank you, and have a good day.