(DCWatchdog.com) – On Thursday, as the stock market suffered one of its worst days in years, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis had a warning for Americans about President Joe Biden, saying there is a “very good chance that the Biden administration plunges this country into a recession.”
Many economists agree and believe the United States of America is on the precipice of a steep and severe recession due to the Biden administration’s policies and the steep rise in interest rates now being forced by the Federal Reserve.
According to DeSantis, who spoke at a press conference called to announce what actions he is taking to prepare Florida for the recession he believes is inevitable:
- “When you’re leading, you have to look to see what kind of trouble could come on the horizon.”
- “You look at what’s going on out of Washington, you look at the inflation that’s absolutely out of control.”
- “If you think the things that matter are up way more than gas and groceries, you look at how much utilities; all these things are going up really, really significantly.”
- “The Fed is going to be raising rates to try to get a handle on this. That’s going to slow down the economy.”
- “[There is a] very good chance that the Biden administration plunges this country into a recession.”
DeSantis went on to tout the economy in Florida. He said that the secret to a healthy economy is fiscal policy that focuses on keeping taxes low and expanding the economy through the growth of businesses.