BREAKING: Multiple Dead Bodies Found After Shooting Spree

( – HAPPENING NOW: Five people lost their lives, and two others were injured in a shooting spree that took place overnight in Philadelphia, according to local police. A man suspected of the mass shooting is now in police custody.

At first, police reported that four people had died, but later, they discovered a fifth victim. All the victims involved were males.

Among the injured were two young individuals, a toddler of 2 years old and a teenager of 13 years old. Both are reported to be in stable health condition.

The shooting didn’t occur in just one place; it happened across four different city blocks, as per police statements.

The suspect is said to be a 40-year-old male who was armed with an AR-style rifle, a handgun, and even a police scanner.

Notably, he was also wearing a bulletproof vest.

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw explained to the press that the suspect was apprehended “without further incident” when police officers cornered him in an alley after a chase.

Another individual was taken into police custody after reportedly firing back at the suspect.

The motivation behind the shooting remains unclear. Commissioner Outlaw expressed she had “absolutely no idea why this happened.” There’s also no immediate information about whether the victims had any relationship with the shooter.

“All we know is that this person decided to leave their home and to target individuals,” Outlaw added.

The shooting started around 8:30 p.m. in the Kingsessing neighborhood of Philadelphia, reports CBS Philadelphia.

The initial four victims that police confirmed dead were aged 20, 22, and 59. The fourth victim’s exact age wasn’t determined, but police believe he was between 16 to 21 years old.

Later, Police Chief Inspector Scott Small reported a heart-rending account. A man returned home late at night to find his son unresponsive on the living room floor. A nearby officer was alerted, and medics were called in, but they sadly confirmed that the 31-year-old was dead on arrival.

The son had been shot multiple times, including once in his face and several times in his chest. Investigators found approximately seven bullets in the house.

Given the location of this house and the similarity in ballistics, police believe the son was the seventh victim of this horrifying incident.