(DCWatchdog.com) – Breaking from the National Rifle Association and gun rights advocates across the United States of America, U.S. Senator John Cornyn of Texas and 13 other Republicans in the Senate voted with Democrats to move ahead with the first new gun control legislation in three decades.
The 14 Republican Senators are:
- Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)
- Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.)
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.)
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.)
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.)
- Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah)
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio)
- Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.)
- Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
- Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.)
The new legislation, an 80-page gun safety bill, comes in the shadow of mass shootings in Buffalo, N.Y., and Uvalde, Texas, that left a total of 31 people dead, including 19 school children.
According to The Hill, “The vote shakes up the politics of the gun violence debate in Congress as many of the Republicans who voted to proceed to the bill have A or A-plus NRA ratings.”
What is your opinion about the 14 United States Senators who joined with their fellow Democrats to vote to move ahead with the first new gun control legislation in the Senate in three decades? Do you agree with their vote or not? Please share your thoughts by emailing [email protected]. Thank you.
Here are the 14 GOP senators who voted to advance gun safety bill https://t.co/M09tZCagbo